Engaging Your Story Conference
Cathy Loerzel and Adam Young
Saturday, June 12
8 to 3:30 PST | 9 to 4:30 MST
10 to 5:30 CST | 11 to 6:30 EST
What you’ll learn:
- How to engage the particularity of your family of origin story and why this is necessary for healing.
- What trauma is, how it affects you, and how to know if you’ve experienced it.
- Why it’s critical to name the intentionality of those who harmed you.
- What is required for healing and change.
- How to experience grief, sorrow, and anger about your story.
The workshop includes two written exercises that will help you engage the particularity of your story and engage God in the context of your story.
Schedule (All Times PST)
8:00 to 8:30 – Welcome and Personal Introductions
8:30 to 9:00 – Apologetics of Story Work: Why Do It
9:00 to 9:45 – Trauma and Your Story: Fragmentation, Dissociation, and Isolation
9:45 to 10:30 – Trauma and Intentionality
10:30 to 11:30 – Lunch Break
11:30 to 12:00 – Understanding Triangulation and Role In Your Family Of Origin
12:00 to 12:15 – Identifying Triangulation in a Sample Story
12:15 to 12:45 – Self-directed Exercise: Drawing Your Triangle and Understanding Your Role
12:45 to 1:30 – How Healing Happens: the U Diagram and the Power of Attunement, Containment, and Repair
1:30 to 2:00 – Grief, Anger, and Engaging God About Your Story
2:00 to 2:30 – Self-Directed Exercise: Writing Your Own Psalm
2:30 to 3:00 – The Necessity of Kindness: Your Posture Toward Yourself
3:00 to 3:30 – Q and A and Next Steps